Proven Ways for How to Lose Weight Fast According to Science
If you are wondering how to lose weight fast, then you’ve come to the right place. A lot of the ways promoted to lose weight are simply not that effective. The best way to go about how to lose weight is to see what science has to say about it. After all, science has the skinny on what works and what doesn’t.
The following are the proven ways for how to lose weight fast.
One of the most popular ways to lose weight in a week is by intermittent fasting. The way this works is that you take part in brief outright fasts, or you significantly reduce your calories. Studies have been finding that when you intermittent fast for up to around six months, you will achieve incredible weight loss.
There are three popular intermittent fasting methods. These are:
• Alternate Day Fasting – You only do a complete fast every other day.
• 5:2 Fasting – You are fasting two days out of the week, but still get to eat around 500 calories on your fasting days.
• 16:8 Fasting – You are fasting for 16 hours, which leaves just an eight-hour eating window. Generally, this window is open from 12 PM – 8 PM.
Practice Mindful Eating
Another science-backed way to lose belly fat fast is to eat mindfully. To practice mindful eating, you are basically paying close attention to how you are eating. You get to enjoy your food more and chew it better to get more nutrients.
Some ways you can practice mindful eating include the following:
• Sit down and eat at a table. Become aware of the food you are eating and enjoy it!
• Get rid of any distractions while you are eating. That means no watching television, using your computer, or going on your phone.
• Eat slower. Take your time when you are chewing your food. Savor the flavors. The stomach gets full before the brain registers that it is full. Eating slower lets you stay in sync with your stomach.
• Eat satisfying foods. When you avoid eating food with empty calories and opt for options that are filled with helpful nutrients, you satisfy your hunger for much longer.
Eat Less Refined Sugar and Carbs
The conventional diet most people eat today involves a significant amount of refined sugar and carbs. This is a surefire way to pack on extra unwanted pounds. Processed foods are usually the biggest culprit, such as white rice and bread. You can digest them quickly, but they will convert into glucose just as fast.
The reason this is a problem is that glucose gets into your bloodstream and engages the hormone called insulin. The role of insulin is to store fat within your adipose tissue, leading to unwanted weight gain.
If you want to lose belly fat fast, you are going to need to get strict on keeping refined sugars and carbs out of your life. Opt for the healthier alternatives that science has found help lose weight, including:
• Whole-grain foods
• Herbal teas
• Fruit-infused water
• Water-based smoothies
All of these are tasty alternatives if you are looking for how to lose weight fast.
Eat More Fiber
Dietary fiber usually comes from carbs that are found in carbs. These are impossible to get digested in your small intestine given how tough they are, which contrasts with refined sugars and carbs. When you eat more fiber, you will feel full faster, which is great if you want to know how to lose weight in a week or so.
Some examples of foods that have a lot of fiber are the following:
• Whole-grain bread
• Whole wheat pasts
Maintain a Healthy Gut
Research into gut bacteria has recently uncovered that it literally acts as a “second brain” that is responsible for the “gut feeling” you sometimes get. You really can think with your gut! There are actually more bacteria in your body than cells. Keeping that gut bacteria balanced and healthy plays a major role on your weight.
There are gut bacteria that will give you a boost of energy while others lead to storing more fat and gaining additional weight.
If you want to know how to lose belly weight fast, then you should increase how much good bacteria is living in your gut. Do the following to support the growth of that good gut bacteria:
• Eat more plants. Load up on fruits, veggies, and grains. This will boost the amount of fiber you eat and introduce more variety to your gut bacteria. In fact, plant-based foods like vegetables should make up around 75% of your diet.
• Eat fermented foods. There are plenty of good bacteria in fermented foods that can also reduce the growth of bad bacteria. Some terrific options are kimchi, yogurt, and miso. These foods have probiotics that boost the number of good bacteria in your gut.
• Eat prebiotic foods. Prebiotic foods will increase the growth and activity of helpful bacteria that are known to help lose weight. These foods are usually fruits and vegetables, but especially onions, garlic, bananas, and avocados. You can also find prebiotic fiber in grains like oats.
Start Shedding Those Pounds
Now that you know how to lose weight in a week and how to lose belly weight fast, the ball’s in your court. The science is settled on what foods help you lose weight, as well as what sort of lifestyle changes you can make to shed unwanted pounds.
To start, pick one of these five proven ways for how to lose weight fast and give them a try. It can be overwhelming to take on too much at once, which can ultimately backfire on you. Once you have success with one method, move on to incorporating another, followed by another. Enjoy your newfound weight loss!